Foodbank Money Advice Caseworker
Salary: £29,930 – £33,256 p.a. + 8.5% pension contribution after successful completion of probation period.
Hours: Full–time, 35 hours per week but open to part-time and flexible working.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Our offices in Battersea Library or Roehampton and outreach locations, with home working possible and significant outreach at Wandsworth Foodbank welcome centres
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a Money Advice Caseworker. This crucial role involves giving a full range of debt advice; including dealing with emergencies, budgeting advice, debt options and helping with a debt strategy.
You will be ensuring that income is maximised for all clients through the take up of appropriate benefits.
This will enable you to use your professional skills as a Money Advice Caseworker to achieve the best possible outcomes for clients. The project is delivered through a mix of telephone, digital communication channels and face to face appointments held in Wandsworth Foodbank centres.
Why you should join us
We believe that investing in and listening to our teams makes us a better organisation. We involve staff and volunteers extensively in the design and delivery of our services, as well as in long-term planning. We’re proud of our teams and in return offer excellent opportunities for personal development and career growth, with many of our staff having progressed from advice roles to supervision and management with our support.
We also offer these benefits:
- Access to training courses and professional development opportunities.
- Maternity, parental and caring leave paid above the statutory minimum.
- 5% pension contribution (after successful completion of your probation period).
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Generous leave entitlement, we give 25 days annual leave (with regular increases based on length of employment) plus public holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Option of flexible working arrangements where possible.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an empathetic and knowledgeable candidate with some experience in Debt work who would like to learn more. We’re looking for someone who would enjoy working with Wandsworth Foodbank in a fast-paced environment at their welcome centre locations.
Citizens Advice Wandsworth is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
How to apply
If you want to discuss the role before applying, please email email@example.com with your contact details and daytime availability to arrange an informal chat with a member of our team.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
The cover letter should answer the following two questions;
- Why would you like this role with Citizens Advice Wandsworth and Wandsworth Foodbank?
- What experience do you have that makes you suitable for this role?
Closing date: 9am on Tuesday 16 January 2024.
Interviews: Tuesday 23 January 2024, in our Battersea Library office.