Volunteers are at the heart of Citizens Advice Wandsworth (CAW) and their commitment means that we can deliver our quality services to the local community.
Being a CAW volunteer can be hugely rewarding and enjoyable. Around 22,000 people volunteer with Citizens Advice nationally. All sorts of people volunteer for many different reasons:
- To make a difference to people’s lives and help your local community.
- To use your skills and experience, and to gain new skills and experience.
- To increase your confidence and improve your prospects.
- To meet new people and be part of an enthusiastic team.
- To do something interesting and challenging.
CAW Volunteer Roles; We look for the skills and attitudes that enable you to deliver your volunteer role, as well as fit into the aims and principles of our organisation. Currently we are seeking.
- Assessor: A key contact role working with people seeking information and advice from our service. Assessors find out about the client’s problem and situation, what they need and how we can assist them. This might be providing information such as a fact-sheet or leaflet, making an appointment with an Adviser, or making a referral to another organisation.
Time Requirement & Commitment
We ask for a commitment of 2 days for 12 months for the assessor role( we are happy to discuss flexible hours) and 1 day for other roles
We recruit throughout the year to the assessor role and as required to our other roles. We will always welcome your interest and your application form.
Citizens Advice Wandsworth currently benefits from the contribution of over 100 volunteers and our plan is to continue to grow. Our volunteers are largely drawn from the local community and bring to us their in-depth knowledge of local issues and reflect the diversity of the local community.
Please note that we need to record information about you to help with your volunteering application.
How to Apply
If you are interested in volunteering for us we are currently recruiting to the;
Please complete the expression of interest form below and we will contact you. (read Assessor Profile here)
Call into one of our two advice centres for further information.