Work for us
On this page
We’re currently recruiting for these roles:
- Advice Supervisor
- Assessor (Cost of Living Project)
- Project Support Worker (My Roehampton)
- Foodbank Money Advice Caseworker
Why you should join our team
We’re a fast moving, dynamic organisation with a culture of quality and innovation. We’re ambitious about delivering advice services that make a real difference to local people and being a great place to work and volunteer. You’ll be part of a diverse and friendly team of staff and volunteers who are passionate about helping the people who need us most. Working with us means seeing yourself and your colleagues have a positive impact on the lives of ordinary people and protecting our communities from hardship, poverty and crisis.
We believe that investing in and listening to our teams makes us a better organisation. We involve staff and volunteers extensively in the design and delivery of our services, as well as in long-term planning. You’ll also benefit from working at an organisation with a strong commitment to professional development and continuous training. We’re proud of our teams and in return offer excellent opportunities for personal development and career growth, with many of our staff having progressed from advice roles to supervision and management with our support.
Support and benefits
If you join our team we’ll support you by offering:
- A supportive approach to management where managers care about your performance and listen to your preferences and ambitions.
- Flexibility, we do all we can to accommodate flexible working requests.
- Clear progression pathways, we have a track record of progressing staff into more senior (including management) roles, both internally and externally.
- Internal and external training opportunities for career development.
We also offer these benefits:
- Maternity, parental and caring leave paid above the statutory minimum.
- 8.5% pension contribution (after successful completion of your probation period).
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Generous leave entitlement, we give 25 days annual leave (with regular increases based on length of employment) plus public holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Option of flexible working arrangements where possible.
Our aims and values
Our services are for everyone and we have a clear focus on targeting the most intensive help at people who need us the most. As well as providing advice we also think creatively about how to reduce the need for our services. This preventative approach includes using service data and case studies to influence local policy and provision, as well as building the advice skills and capacity of our partners through training and developing referral relationships between local organisations. We’re proud to be recognised locally and nationally for our impact, preventative work and leadership.
Everything we do is guided by our organisational values:
- Creativity: We’re always looking for better ways to achieve our purpose, deliver value for money and have an impact on the lives of our clients.
- Generosity: We’re non-judgemental, kind, collaborative and empowering when working with each other, our clients and partners.
- Quality: We’re committed to being a high quality, responsive and trusted service that works with integrity and confidence.
- Accountability: We’re accountable to each other, but also to our clients, funders and other stakeholders, as well as the wider public and local community.
What our team says about us
Every year our team have the opportunity to give us anonymous feedback about how they feel about working for us and how we can do things better. In 2022 97% of our team said they would recommend us as a place to work or volunteer and 90% of our team said they agree or strongly agree that we care about their wellbeing. These are some of the things our team said when asked about what they enjoy about working for us:
- “The amazing team, and the fact that together we make a real difference to people’s lives”.
- “Such a friendly, welcoming & understanding environment. Everybody’s views are valued & listened to and we’re always working as team to do things better”.
- “The people: good to work in a friendly atmosphere, where everyone is welcome”.
- “The supportive and welcoming atmosphere”.
Our commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
We’re passionate about promoting equity, valuing diversity and working inclusively, as well as challenging discrimination through our advice work. We actively work towards improving Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) within the organisation. We have an open working group that sets ambitious EDI objectives that are written into our business plan.
We offer disabled applicants the option of requesting that their application is considered under the terms of our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). Whether you are applying under the scheme or not, if you are disabled we will ask you to let us know if you need any adjustments during each recruitment stage to ensure it is inclusive and works for you.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process and if you are successful, we’ll make adjustments to your working environment.
Getting in touch
To find out more about working with us or if you’d like to talk to us informally before applying for a role, please email email@example.com with your contact details and daytime availability.
You can also: