Cost of Living Project
As the number of residents struggling to pay for food and other essentials continues to increase, we’re partnering with Wandsworth Council to support residents affected by the cost of living crisis.
How we can help
Our Cost of Living Project can help with:
- Immediate need for food and essentials, by referring to community food support and making applications for discretionary council grants.
- Increasing income, by identifying entitlement to cost of living payments as well as other benefits and support.
- Reducing expenditure, by advising about budgeting and energy efficiency.
- Resolving underlying issues, for instance the benefit cap, bedroom tax and unmanaged debts.
Our approach is contained in our cost of living checklist, a resource that’s open to everyone and that we’ll keep up-to-date for the duration of the project.
If you’re comfortable using the internet, you can also use our Cost of Living Helper tool, offered in partnership with Hyde Housing.
Get help or make a referral
Our Cost of Living team take referrals directly from the council’s Cost of Living Hub as well as other council officers. If you’re a Wandsworth resident, or a partner who wants to make a referral, you can contact us through the main webform on our website or by calling our telephone Adviceline on 0808 278 7833.
Events, outreach and training
We know that advice isn’t always enough, that we can’t reach everyone and know that some people prefer to be supported by the groups and communities that they’re already in touch with. We’re therefore committed to sharing our resources and knowledge by:
- working with the council on the design of their cost of living and discretionary support schemes
- offering cost of living focussed Advice First Aid training, with the support of our Crisis Project team, to local community and faith groups, voluntary organisations, council officers, councillors and other partners.
- developing and sharing resources to help residents and partners with cost of living issues.
You can use the form below if you want to contact us about events, outreach and training.