Referring to us
We want to make it as easy as possible for partners and professionals to refer to us. If you work in the voluntary sector, local authority or NHS you can refer to us using our webform.
What you need to know
We don’t book appointments for every issue and don’t have the resources to offer an appointment to everyone who needs one. When you refer to us we’ll assess the client and issue and decide the best way to help, which may include:
- providing information and guidance over the phone
- signposting to another organisation
- referring to one of our partners
- booking an appointment with one of our team.
Please don’t promise your clients that we’ll be able to offer an appointment and tell them that they may have to wait to see us if we do.
Other ways to get help
Some of our projects offer direct access to advice. If a client meets the criteria for a project this is generally the quickest way for them to get help:
- for help applying for Universal Credit they can use our Help to Claim service
- for help applying to the EU Settlement Scheme they can contact our EU Project
- if they have cancer or are caring for someone with cancer our Macmillan team can offer financial advice.